Thinking about Separation or Divorce, have you asked yourself any of the following questions?
- Do you know what your assets are? Do you know what your husband/wife’s assets are?
- Are you aware of all sources of income for you and your husband/wife?
- What are your partner’s investments?
- Do you know how your husband/wife spends your money?
- Do you ever pay attention to documents you sign (i.e. loans, mortgages, tax returns, financial statements, etc.)?
Our services cover the entire area of family law litigation support. In this process we focus on forensic accounting, valuation issues, and techniques to accomplish the following:
- Valuation of business interests
- Consultation services
- Analyzing personal and business tax returns
- Reviewing bank statements and brokerage accounts
- Assisting in depositions
- Tracing assets
- Searching for hidden assets
- Searching for over stated expenses
- Searching for personal expenses charged to the business being valued
- Determining income available for support
- Performing cost of living analysis
- Assist in the preparation of the Statement of Net Worth
Marital Dissolution cases require the professional consultant to have an understanding of many issues including but not limited to the standard of value and the identification and classification of property in divorce cases, local court rules, and court cases. The business valuator or appraiser must also have an understanding of various matters such as, the meaning of the valuation date, reasonable compensation, and a thorough understanding of taxes and how they could affect the financial statements and financial information being reviewed.